Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
What We Do:
Gulf Coast Village is the premier Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) in Cape Coral, Florida. Independent Living offers an unparalleled lifestyle of comfort and convenience, with a rich array of services and amenities that are focused on living well. Of course the complete security of a full continuum of health care, if ever needed, is always available, including Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Specialized Memory Support, Home Health and Outpatient Services.
What We Are About & What We Expect:
Gulf Coast Village is dedicated to our Service Vision of providing Exceptional Care and World Class Hospitality. Our CARE Core Standards represent: Courtesy, Attention to Detail, Responsiveness, and Enthusiasm. We expect all of our team members to share in our dedication to our Service Vision and Core Standards.
What You Can Expect from Us:
Full Time Staff: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off (PTO)
Full and Part Time Staff: Employee Assistance Program, PTO, Funeral and Jury Duty Leave, Toll Bridge Reimbursement, Direct Deposit, Fitness Center, Blood Donor Program and Appreciation and Recognition Programs
More Than a Job:
Working here at Gulf Coast Village, our team has the opportunity to serve others. Having a mission, purpose and vision gives meaning to our lives. It provides a reason to go to work beyond a paycheck. We work together as a team in an environment that is challenging, rewarding and fun!
If you feel that you are a qualified applicant and want a rewarding position enhancing the lives of others and supporting our Service Vision, we invite you to consider this opportunity:
The primary purpose of the Registered Nurse it to utilize the nursing process in planning and providing direct care to residents as assigned. The nurse will plan, direct and carry out shift routines in assigned nursing unit and observe, direct and evaluate the activities of personnel as the person "in charge" according to the Nurse Practice Act.
- Provides Leadership and Direction on Assigned Unit
- Resident Care Functions
- Charting, Documentation and Assessment Functions
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR Registration.
- Maintenance of required CEU's.
- Experience in long-term care preferred.
- Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be a team player.