The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: Moore Heaven Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under moderate supervision, performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems, pumping, security and sensor equipment. Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Overhauls and services air conditioning, heating, and ventilating equipment. Removes and installs motors, thermostats, and humidistats.
- Repairs and replaces worn and broken parts on condensers, compressors, and water and vacuum pumps.
- Repairs and adjusts valves, piping connections, fittings, and couplings; adjusts electrical parts and equipment; adjusts expansion valves and adds gas to refrigeration units; and tests refrigeration equipment for refrigerant leaks.
- Maintains records and prepares reports on repairs and service to equipment.
- Directs work, provides technical assistance and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
- Assists in maintaining the security of assigned detainees.
- Performs other duties as assigned..
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of five (5) years full-time, wage earning experience in the operation, repair, and maintenance of HVAC or refrigeration systems and equipment. Thirty (30) semester hours from an accredited college or university may be substituted for each year of experience on a year-for-year basis for a maximum substitution of two (2) years.
- Current Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved Type I and Type II Refrigerant Recovery Certification preferred.
- Ability to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.