Shell Point Retirement Community
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Long Term Care
at Shell Point Retirement Community
Shell Point is conveniently located along the Caloosahatchee River in Fort Myers, Florida, only two miles away from the renowned “seashell capital of the world,” Sanibel Island.
In addition to being one of Southwest Florida’s most coveted continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) and the largest in the state, we are also a nationally recognized as the second-largest single-site CCRC in the country, with 2,400 residents and more than 1,100 employees.
Shell Point offers independent retirement living, assisted living, and skilled nursing in an active, resort-style environment for 2,400 residents. Lifestyle amenities include deep-water boating access with free dockage, six open-to-the-public restaurants, a championship 18-hole golf course with an elegantly appointed clubhouse, and other recreational and educational activities.
Currently, we are in search of a Director of Long Term Care for our skilled nursing facility.
The ideal candidate will be both highly compliance-oriented, as well as resident-oriented. They will also be a licensed NHA in the State of Florida with extensive experience in administration in a long-term care facility, preferably with demonstrated leadership in facilities with at least 120 beds.
The Larsen Pavilion Skilled Nursing Facility:
The Larsen Pavilion Skilled Nursing Center is a CMS five-star rated facility, which provides superior care and above average staffing ratios that include on-site staff physicians and a nurse practitioner making daily rounds, as well as registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, and other healthcare professionals all focused on providing person-centered care to residents.
As the Director of Long Term Care working at the Larsen Pavilion Skilled Nursing Center, you will be a part of a dynamic, competent team of skilled professionals working together to improve the lives of our residents every day.
- Directs operations of the Larsen Pavilion to meet State, Federal regulations and avoid violations or licensure decertification
- Plan for and maintain quality assurance in all departments of the Nursing Home and develop quality improvement plans with committee members
- Develop Nursing Home policies, procedures, programs and directs implementation of such, with an emphasis on team building
- Serve as a primary liaison between residents, their families and the general public
- Ensure conformance with annual budget, evaluates, reviews and adjusts to revenue sources
- Must be licensed as a Nursing Home Administrator in the State of Florida
- Must have extensive experience in administration of a long-term care facility
- Must have considerable knowledge of Federal and State licensure requirements for Nursing Home operations
Why Shell Point?
Employees mean everything to us which is why we strive to provide a total compensation package that is so much more than just a paycheck. In addition to pay, total compensation includes health and wellness plans, rewards and incentives, perks and paid time-off as well as an assortment of other benefits that aim to increase financial security, offer professional development, and promote a healthy, fulfilling life.
We recognize that our continued and unparalleled success as one of the largest life care communities in the country is thanks to our team of dedicated, compassionate, and talented employees who choose to make Shell Point their second home. Our commitment is to offering them a great work environment with competitive pay, great benefits and perks.